2017 Heritage - Custom Shop Super Eagle - Black Gloss
No. 1101, includes deluxe original hardshell case with key, truss rod wrench, hang tag. This is a one-off "custom" Super Eagle.
Beautifully crafted in the historic parsons Street shop in old Kalamazoo, the Super Eagle is essentially Heritage's Super 400 type all solid carver archtop. The "King" of Guitars. This Rather formal looking black beauty was made on special order. Features include:
* 18 inch lower bout width, 3" rim depth
* Solid Carved Sitka Spruce arched top, Solid Maple back & rims, 5 piece Maple neck (medium C size)
* 25.5 inch scale length, 1-11/16th" nut width, bone nut
* 20 medium jumbo frets on the Ebony fingerboard
* Traditional Split block inlays, Eagle peghead inlay
* Cupid's bow detail at treble end on the fingerboard
* real Nitro lacquer finish
* Dual Seymour Duncan Seth Lover humbuckers
* Solid Ebony bound pickguard. NOTE- guard has a nicely repaired crack that's hard to actually see.
* Floating full contact Ebony compensated bridge
* bound f holes
* truss rod cover is solid mother of pearl (not plastic)
Condition is as new, smoke free & very near mint except for: * the aforementioned repaired pickguard crack, a dent in the case lid right about where the pickguard is (Thanks FEDEX!!!!) and a small dent into the top's finish hidden beneath the pickguard. That's it!
The Seth Lover vintage output humbucker pickups are the perfect choice for players wanting to transform a solid body or semi hollow into a singing classic rock machine. Nothing but blue sky. The Seth Lover neck model gives you a smooth but articulate tone by striking the perfect balance of warm, full low-end and a nice sweet treble. The alnico 2 bar magnet helps to smooth the high-end response, while the vintage output coils bring out this pickup’s rich harmonic content. Single notes will have that perfect singing quality, and the un-potted nickel silver cover creates an almost piano-like tone and percussive feel.
The Seth Lover bridge model gives you that warm, airy, open tone by striking just the right balance of low-end warmth with a smooth but articulate top end. Chords will have a full, open sound, and single notes will have a soft yet articulate feel. The Seth Lover vintage output humbucker pickups are carefully hand built in Santa Barbara to Seth Lover’s original exacting specs. Our butyrate bobbin molds are created by the same factory that built the original P.A.F. mold for Gibson. Other key features include our specially manufactured 42AWG plain enamel mag wire, nickel silver cover, 2.5-inch alnico 2 bar magnet, custom machined metal and maple spacers, and nickel silver bottom plate.
We wind every Seth Lover humbucker on Seymour’s original Leesona winding machine from the early Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, MI., for that unmistakable vintage tone and feel.