The Fullerton Deluxe Doheny® bundles some of the most time-honored option combinations from the G&L Option Order menu.
The Doheny takes the bolt-on offset-body into new sonic territory with newly developed Magnetic Field Design™ jazz pickups, the first on any production G&L. Naturally, these new pickups will invite comparison to Leo’s jumbo MFD™ ASAT® Special pickups, given they employ a narrow bobbin aperture and broad coil splay. But Doheny’s MFD pickups are more about jangle than twang, just as they should be for a guitar like this. With a classic jazz bobbin aperture wrapped with traditional Formvar wire, these pickups just might be the approach Leo would have taken had he been with us a few years longer.
The Fullerton Deluxe Doheny features a Leo Fender-designed Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
This beauty is in Surf Green over Alder, and with Caribbean rosewood fingerboard & Vintage Tint Satin neck finish.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic CLF Research / G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on™.
· SCALE: 25 1/2"
· BODY WOOD: Alder
· NECK WOOD: Vintage Tint Satin Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Caribbean Rosewood fingerboard
· NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius and 1 11/16" nut-width
· NUT: 100% natural bone
· FRETS: 21 medium jumbo, nickel, “Plek” dressed
· TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
· BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrum™ vibrato with forged brass saddles
· PICKUPS: Leo Fender† wide-bobbin MFD™ single coil
· CONTROLS: 3-position toggle, volume, PTB tone circuit