2002 Gibson - L5 Wes Montgomery Hutchinson - Wine Red
No. 2003. Includes original "Custom Art Historic" black Tolex hardshell case. From a smoke free, climate controlled home, and played little.
A very nice condition Wes Montgomery in a beautiful Wine Red finish, with a superb setup. This one has dual Custom Shop labels, and one label bears James “Hutch” Hutchins coveted signature. The Gibson archtops with James’ signature are the best of ‘em and those that appreciate in value best. James selected the best woods and carved them with brilliant Kalamazoo learned skill and a love of his Art. This Wes Montgomery is a superb example of his Artistry and a fitting tribute to it’s name sake. The woods are gorgeous and the tones are pure L-5 Wes. This one has the Mojo. Here are some details:
* No belt buckle rash, no nicks/dings, nor prominent scratches.
* No visible fret wear.
* Much of the gold plating is polished off the tailpiece. Some surface patina on other gold bits.
* Some surface swirly marks in the lacquer
* Face of the peghead- someone likely over tightened the tuning keys & there's some lacquer clouding as a result- see pics.
* Back of the peghead- the black "stinger" overlay veneer has some lacquer flaking at its seam- see the pics. Easily repaired. Our guy can do it on request.
·Wine Red Finish- Nitro lacquer
Just strung with .011 gauge flatwounds.
·Solid carved and tuned Sitka Spruce Top
·Highly flamed “select” curly Maple Back and Sides
·Five-Piece Maple/Walnut Neck
·Traditional ES-Rounded Neck Profile
·Ebony Fingerboard with M.O. Pearl block inlays
·25.5” Scale Length
· .830" Neck Thickness at 1st Fret
· .930" Neck Thickness at 9th Fret
·Multi-ply Binding on the Top and Back
·Single-Ply White F-Hole Binding
·ABR-1 Bridge with Ebony Base
·L-5 Tailpiece. Much if not most of the gold plating has been polished from the tailpiece.
·Schaller M6 Tuners- gold plated
The included factory hardshell case in also in fine condition, showing a few scuffed areas only- see pics. Inside the case is much of the original case papers & the truss rod wrench.